Monday, February 18, 2013

Paw Prints


OBAN 2002 - 2013

My beloved furry friend, my best friend, died during emergency surgery late saturday afternoon.  She was just one month shy of her 11th birthday and sadly her huge beautiful heart, that she used so unconditionally to love everyone, gave out just after the anesthetic was administered.
Oban spent her time, free as a bird!  no lead, rarely a collar, and in her younger days, no end of mischeif.   
She was known to all, far and wide, in our little village;  had her little circle of friends, human and animal, and  when not following me around like a shadow, would be out a visiting!
Sunday morning, I searched in vain for her distinctive paw prints in the snow (she only had three legs)  and found everything but - adults, kids, cat, deer, bird...
... although they may have disappeared so quickly from the snow they will be forever and always etched in our hearts.




6 comments:

  1. Oh Emma, I am so, so sorry. A dog is truly a gift from God, and I am so sorry for your loss.
    Sending you a hug,'
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your very sweet and very cute Oban. I know your heart hurts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( oh dear emma, i'm so very sorry to hear. i hope your good memories of her bring you some comfort. i'm sending hugs and much love, lori xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Emma. I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm choked up looking at her photo - so beautiful - and thinking of those disappearing tracks.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad your dog is gone. I understand exactly how you feel. She was a beautiful dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so sorry. It is hard to lose one whose unconditional love means so much. I lost my friend Suzi several years ago but still miss her so badly. Until we moved house I still expected to meet her eyes when I went to put something in the Rayburn. Nothing I say will help I know but just remembering the fun you had together might help a little? Joan

    ReplyDelete