Monday, February 16, 2015

Easy Like Sunday Morning


I'm never more convinced in there being a creator behind all this beauty than when I'm out in the nature.  That all this, and us, evolved from a speck of dust in a pool of tepid water seems, at times, highly unbelievable.
I guess it's for this reason I've never felt compelled to spend my sunday mornings in church.


"The wisdom's in the tree's not the glass windows" (Jack Johnson)


Sunday morning we set off to the Les Songenaz, the woods just behind our house.  It was a bit chilly at first as we don't get the sun until 11ish at the moment, but the kids and Ringo have that internal heating system called manic energy and well, I was wrapped up nice and warm and wearing my new boots that I picked up for a snip at a sale!


 




not sure the tree enjoyed this as much as the kids did!
This rock is part of a bouldering site that Richard helped grade and open many moons ago during his one year compulsory military service (he was with the mountain police and basically spend the year trail running and climbing!)

Then homeward bound via a path less travelled....


The mountain behind the boys is La Prarion, it's a great snowshoeing itinerary, but as it finishes on a fairly exposed ridge I've no plans to take the kids there just yet!



 Just in time for lunch!


12 comments:

  1. Gosh that looks like a great way to spend a Sunday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Snow completely bypassed Portland this year - it was actually 64 degrees on Sunday, so amazing for February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauitful Sunday morning walk, I know where I would rather be too ;). Your new boots look really warm and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel a bit closer to God, The Universe, or whatever you want to call it when I am outside.
    Hugs to you and thanks for the beautiful photos.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Looks just like a Jan Brett book--I'm waiting to see a troll pop out from behind that rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Sunday morning. Such beautiful kids and a beautiful backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful place and it looks like you all had a great Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The boys' hats look so great in action. And I love your new boots. They look perfect for gadding about in the snowy cold. And what a cozy door to come home to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scenery, lovely smiles, and love your new boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so fun! Your dog looks like he/she is having a ball! We are in a tropical paradise here in Portland... I wish we could get a little snow...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my sweet friend, I have missed you so! Thank you for coming over and saying hello! I was just thinking about you the other day! Then you wrote me! Sweetness! Love your pic's, look at those boys. They have grown so much. Love their hats.......I am sure you knitted them! Well, I do agree about a creator! I see it so much here on the farm.....sure did not just happen! He wanted to bless His children! Hugs to you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect way to spend a Sunday morning-...beautiful with all the snow and sunshine- the hats are great- love the pattern. Your kids are too cute!

    ReplyDelete